I know that you have no idea what this is – the next photos will be great but will not be available until the piece is completed and I have my real live model – but I couldn’t wait to show where I am up to. This has been my birthday present to my self knitting this piece over the last 4 days.
Best Beloved cooked all day yesterday for my birthday, he made pea and ham soup for today. He created it not with a bacon hock but with a pork hock. He added bacon bits, smoky paprika and so on to improve the soup flavour. He then created a pork curry for dinner and we will eat soup all day today should it be cold enough with his home made spelt bread.
Me – well I might just knit all day.
Sometimes you do need grandchildren to clear your mind. My grandson, aged 12, told me I was daft as I called my large black poncho with stripes – “Rainbow Stripes”. You are daft he said – they are fluro stripes.
And silly me, I had even called it “poncho in black, blues, and pinks”.
Such clarity in such a boy.
And Claire love this poncho.
So will this Ocean Waves shawlette.
Garter stitch and feather and fan created with Regia Lace yarn from Germany.
Sand Dunes Connie Cowl
Stoney Rivers scarf / cowl / hood
and my Forest scarf/shawlette
Yarn is Anny Blatt Fine kid made in France, the colour is Foret – which means forest in French, but you knew that already I am sure.
I will be there – will you?
I will be there with many warming knits – shawls, cowls, hats, berets, scarves, capelets – each one unique and never to be repeated.
Come and support local artists and craftspeople – please
I simply cannot get Estonian Slanted rib out of my head.
I have now created a couple of hats, a Moebius cowl, several capelet/cowl pieces, a cowl that could be a skirt, a scarf and am trying to work out how to create a garment with this jolly stitch as a great part of it, knitted in the round of course.
I guess I could use it like a chevron design – that might work.
Any ideas please.
Can't find what you are looking for?
add the search words below:
If you do not find what you're looking for please use the email contact form to let us know what you are hoping to find here!
Art, Craft & Fibre Art Connections and other interesting sites
- A Gallery of Artists
- Craft Site Directory – Your Guide to Arts and Crafts on the Internet
- Crafternoon tea with Grannyg
- Creative Knitting Online Magazine
- European Textile Network
- Fiber Gypsy – Gallery of Fiber Artists
- Florence Biennale
- HotHive Textiles – the world of creative textiles
- Interweave Knits Magazine
- Jamie R. Morhaim – Paintings
- Japanese Knitters and Designers website
- Knitter's – The Knitting Universe
- Knitter's Graph Paper
- Lisa's Handspun Designs
- Lucire – The Global Fashion Magazine
- Marian Towns – Artist
- Melanie Ferdon
- Mishi Yarns
- Naughty Knitterz – The Internet Fiber Collaboration
- New Zealand’s Information Network
- Old Fart Expats
- Textile Arts – Resources for the textile arts community
- Textile Fibre Forum – The Australian Forum for Textile Arts
- The Big Idea Te Aria Nui
- The Knitting Guild Association
- Top 50 Knitting Sites
- Twisted Thread
- Visit New Zealand by TravelIndex
- Vogue Knitting
- World arts & artists – An arts portal
- WTA – World Textile Art Organisation