Archive for January, 2012
At long last I am online (well I have been for 5 days so I am taking a punt that the problems with our connection are over). Yippee!Leave a Comment :communications, connection, internet, No problem more...
So sorry to all those lovely people who have followed up on my patterns and my knitting progress. We have been more than a little busy here on our little wee lifestyle block (2.2 acres) in Miranda, Waikato, New Zealand.
Since we arrived in September from the Netherlands we have had our hot water cylinder blow up and flood and damage the floor. We have had to do various electrical work to fix or make legal what was done here and we have added another water tank as all our water is gathered from the house and garage roof tops. We have also started several vegetable gardens and begun establishing fencing for a few sheep or a couple of cattle. We have lost a bit of the driveway and are filling sand around the tank to reduce the issue of the side of the bank risking collapse. We have also had rather difficult neighbour issues to deal with – which we feel are now solved but it certainly added to our stress for many weeks. We have retired here to live the good life and have fun stuff to do every day and we are doing that.
We are now eating cucumbers, tomatoes, celery, lettuce, herbs, courgettes, bok choy, radishes, spring onions, and more and that Best Beloved is floundering with our local electrician. What a great guy – he comes to sort out our electrical issues and now he and Best Beloved are floundering together. They brought in 8 flounder and 2 Kahawai this morning. Kahawai Information here
We have planted potatoes, kumura, cabbages, beetroot, and many many trees. Today we will put in 2 red currant bushes and 2 hazel nuts. We are also planting to reduce the risk of wind damage as the property is very very wind swept and our plants are young and tender. Best Beloved has counted 42 olives on one of our tiny trees – so all the Good Life stuff is happening.
I am just not knitting yet.
I still haven’t unpacked everything from the Netherlands and in the evenings I am just too shattered to even pick up the needles – besides I don’t have a knitting chair.
So all in good time – I will knit again and I have patterns to complete and stories to write – so SORRY SORRY for now that there is no knitting news.
A Happy New Year to you all.
Can't find what you are looking for?
add the search words below:
If you do not find what you're looking for please use the email contact form to let us know what you are hoping to find here!
Art, Craft & Fibre Art Connections and other interesting sites
- A Gallery of Artists
- Craft Site Directory – Your Guide to Arts and Crafts on the Internet
- Crafternoon tea with Grannyg
- Creative Knitting Online Magazine
- European Textile Network
- Fiber Gypsy – Gallery of Fiber Artists
- Florence Biennale
- HotHive Textiles – the world of creative textiles
- Interweave Knits Magazine
- Jamie R. Morhaim – Paintings
- Japanese Knitters and Designers website
- Knitter's – The Knitting Universe
- Knitter's Graph Paper
- Lisa's Handspun Designs
- Lucire – The Global Fashion Magazine
- Marian Towns – Artist
- Melanie Ferdon
- Mishi Yarns
- Naughty Knitterz – The Internet Fiber Collaboration
- New Zealand’s Information Network
- Old Fart Expats
- Textile Arts – Resources for the textile arts community
- Textile Fibre Forum – The Australian Forum for Textile Arts
- The Big Idea Te Aria Nui
- The Knitting Guild Association
- Top 50 Knitting Sites
- Twisted Thread
- Visit New Zealand by TravelIndex
- Vogue Knitting
- World arts & artists – An arts portal
- WTA – World Textile Art Organisation