Archive for February, 2012
WORLD blog tour
Wed 7 Mar Jen_Arnall-Culliford Knitwear Jen Arnall-Culliford
Thurs 8 Mar Needled Kate Davies
Fri 9 Mar Rock and Purl Ruth Garcia-Alcantud
Sat 10 Mar Woolly Wormhead Woolly Wormhead
Mon 12 Mar Yarnscape Alison Barker
Tues 13 Mar Confessions of a Yarn Addict Anniken Allis
Wed 14 Mar Joli House Amanda France
Thurs 15 Mar This Is Knit Lisa & SiobhanGittins
Fri 16 Mar The Knitting Institute Knitting magazine
Sat 17 Mar Life ’n Knitting Carla Meijsen
Sun 18 Mar ConnieLene moi
Mon 19 Mar Just Call Me Ruby Susan Crawford
Tues 20 Mar Tiny Owl Knits Stephanie Dosen
Wed 21 Mar Ulla-Bella Anita Tørmoen
Thurs 22 Mar Heike Knits Heike Gittens
I received a lovely little package all the way from the UK. And in it was my copy of Sweet Shawlettes with 25 Irresistible patterns for Cowls, Capelets and More. Thank you Jean.
And of course as you all know I love capes, cowls and shawls and I am loving this book.
Cause it doesn’t always work
Last Friday the 3rd of August was 6 months or 26 weeks since our last day in the Netherlands.
What have I created?
Not very much at all. Well not in the knitting arena.
I have established vegetable gardens, started an orchard, and we are not buying vegetables except for avocado, the rest including potatoes and onions are from our garden. We will run out of onions and potatoes fairly soon – but I have to report that I thought growing them was a bit silly – given our space constraints. The taste is a sensation – so I will continue and we are planning to plant a larger crop in a new section of garden not yet prepared.
I have knitted a baby blanket (in only one colour) yikes!!!, a knee rug of several earthy shades of mohair – all using my garter stitch diagonal knitting blanket pattern.
Can't find what you are looking for?
add the search words below:
If you do not find what you're looking for please use the email contact form to let us know what you are hoping to find here!
Art, Craft & Fibre Art Connections and other interesting sites
- A Gallery of Artists
- Craft Site Directory – Your Guide to Arts and Crafts on the Internet
- Crafternoon tea with Grannyg
- Creative Knitting Online Magazine
- European Textile Network
- Fiber Gypsy – Gallery of Fiber Artists
- Florence Biennale
- HotHive Textiles – the world of creative textiles
- Interweave Knits Magazine
- Jamie R. Morhaim – Paintings
- Japanese Knitters and Designers website
- Knitter's – The Knitting Universe
- Knitter's Graph Paper
- Lisa's Handspun Designs
- Lucire – The Global Fashion Magazine
- Marian Towns – Artist
- Melanie Ferdon
- Mishi Yarns
- Naughty Knitterz – The Internet Fiber Collaboration
- New Zealand’s Information Network
- Old Fart Expats
- Textile Arts – Resources for the textile arts community
- Textile Fibre Forum – The Australian Forum for Textile Arts
- The Big Idea Te Aria Nui
- The Knitting Guild Association
- Top 50 Knitting Sites
- Twisted Thread
- Visit New Zealand by TravelIndex
- Vogue Knitting
- World arts & artists – An arts portal
- WTA – World Textile Art Organisation