Archive for March, 2015
A very nice reminder of the past and it seems so very long ago and I was very very young.
The photo was taken by my Best Beloved and is so long ago that the normal for photographs was black and white. I am cradling my precious bundle in my arms. Morgan is wrapped in a circle shaped shawl knitted in a 3 ply Patons yarn I think; it is seamed and was the first baby shawl I had ever knitted. It had a garter stitch centre with Yarn Over increases, my favourite feather and fan around that and finished with a lace edge.
It was my first ever shawl, my first ever feather and fan knit and my first baby.
The pattern was probably a Patons one as well.
Thanks to Anne and Pam for posting the photo on Facebook.
Can't find what you are looking for?
add the search words below:
If you do not find what you're looking for please use the email contact form to let us know what you are hoping to find here!
Art, Craft & Fibre Art Connections and other interesting sites
- A Gallery of Artists
- Craft Site Directory – Your Guide to Arts and Crafts on the Internet
- Crafternoon tea with Grannyg
- Creative Knitting Online Magazine
- European Textile Network
- Fiber Gypsy – Gallery of Fiber Artists
- Florence Biennale
- HotHive Textiles – the world of creative textiles
- Interweave Knits Magazine
- Jamie R. Morhaim – Paintings
- Japanese Knitters and Designers website
- Knitter's – The Knitting Universe
- Knitter's Graph Paper
- Lisa's Handspun Designs
- Lucire – The Global Fashion Magazine
- Marian Towns – Artist
- Melanie Ferdon
- Mishi Yarns
- Naughty Knitterz – The Internet Fiber Collaboration
- New Zealand’s Information Network
- Old Fart Expats
- Textile Arts – Resources for the textile arts community
- Textile Fibre Forum – The Australian Forum for Textile Arts
- The Big Idea Te Aria Nui
- The Knitting Guild Association
- Top 50 Knitting Sites
- Twisted Thread
- Visit New Zealand by TravelIndex
- Vogue Knitting
- World arts & artists – An arts portal
- WTA – World Textile Art Organisation