Archive for July, 2015
With more stitches in the coloured band it could, couldn’t it? My gray polystyrene model is probably a size 12 – and she just doesn’t feel it sits quite right.
The feather and fan section has been knitted in one piece with the sleeves joined by a 3 needle bind off and the lovely curves of the feather and fan stitch nestle together well. This wee shrug has just given me a great feather and fan hug.
The coloured section is knitted in the round on from the pink feather and fan section. I wasn’t thinking clearly enough about the number of stitches – so will continue working on this and keep you posted.
I know that you have no idea what this is – the next photos will be great but will not be available until the piece is completed and I have my real live model – but I couldn’t wait to show where I am up to. This has been my birthday present to my self knitting this piece over the last 4 days.
Best Beloved cooked all day yesterday for my birthday, he made pea and ham soup for today. He created it not with a bacon hock but with a pork hock. He added bacon bits, smoky paprika and so on to improve the soup flavour. He then created a pork curry for dinner and we will eat soup all day today should it be cold enough with his home made spelt bread.
Me – well I might just knit all day.
Sometimes you do need grandchildren to clear your mind. My grandson, aged 12, told me I was daft as I called my large black poncho with stripes – “Rainbow Stripes”. You are daft he said – they are fluro stripes.
And silly me, I had even called it “poncho in black, blues, and pinks”.
Such clarity in such a boy.
And Claire love this poncho.
Can't find what you are looking for?
add the search words below:
If you do not find what you're looking for please use the email contact form to let us know what you are hoping to find here!
Art, Craft & Fibre Art Connections and other interesting sites
- A Gallery of Artists
- Craft Site Directory – Your Guide to Arts and Crafts on the Internet
- Crafternoon tea with Grannyg
- Creative Knitting Online Magazine
- European Textile Network
- Fiber Gypsy – Gallery of Fiber Artists
- Florence Biennale
- HotHive Textiles – the world of creative textiles
- Interweave Knits Magazine
- Jamie R. Morhaim – Paintings
- Japanese Knitters and Designers website
- Knitter's – The Knitting Universe
- Knitter's Graph Paper
- Lisa's Handspun Designs
- Lucire – The Global Fashion Magazine
- Marian Towns – Artist
- Melanie Ferdon
- Mishi Yarns
- Naughty Knitterz – The Internet Fiber Collaboration
- New Zealand’s Information Network
- Old Fart Expats
- Textile Arts – Resources for the textile arts community
- Textile Fibre Forum – The Australian Forum for Textile Arts
- The Big Idea Te Aria Nui
- The Knitting Guild Association
- Top 50 Knitting Sites
- Twisted Thread
- Visit New Zealand by TravelIndex
- Vogue Knitting
- World arts & artists – An arts portal
- WTA – World Textile Art Organisation