Archive for February, 2016
and knitting is easy when it is cold.
We live in the southern hemisphere on a wee rural property where we grow most of our own fruit and vegetables and with our free range chooks providing us with eggs as well as meat we are almost self sufficient in food. We do catch the odd rabbit and do fish when possible but are not always successful. The most recent fish caught have been eels which we smoked and ate.
So maybe you can understand that knitting has not been a high priority. I still think about the next piece I will knit and of the pieces on the go such as my Hominy Socks which have ground to a halt at the time garden work really ramped up.
We do try to write about our gardening exploits at the Fuddy Farm but again we have a great deal to do all of the time that other activities such as knitting and designing simply race out the window.
At the moment we have a new job to do. Our daughter lives next door and one of her wonderful nanny goats “Chewy” has just had triplets 2 nights ago. So while our next door family are at work or at school we are tending the wee goats and making sure all three are getting their share at the milkbar. Goats have only 2 teats so there is a management issue straight off. One of the kids is quite tiny, they are all boys and very handsome indeed. We are bottle feeding and encouraging good teat use.
We are also freezing vegetables and soups and sauces for winter use plus keeping on with the gardening and watering and weeding and planting and preparing for the next group of crops.
It will be good when I have time and energy for knitting because then it will also be cooler and much much easier to knit.
Can't find what you are looking for?
add the search words below:
If you do not find what you're looking for please use the email contact form to let us know what you are hoping to find here!
Art, Craft & Fibre Art Connections and other interesting sites
- A Gallery of Artists
- Craft Site Directory – Your Guide to Arts and Crafts on the Internet
- Crafternoon tea with Grannyg
- Creative Knitting Online Magazine
- European Textile Network
- Fiber Gypsy – Gallery of Fiber Artists
- Florence Biennale
- HotHive Textiles – the world of creative textiles
- Interweave Knits Magazine
- Jamie R. Morhaim – Paintings
- Japanese Knitters and Designers website
- Knitter's – The Knitting Universe
- Knitter's Graph Paper
- Lisa's Handspun Designs
- Lucire – The Global Fashion Magazine
- Marian Towns – Artist
- Melanie Ferdon
- Mishi Yarns
- Naughty Knitterz – The Internet Fiber Collaboration
- New Zealand’s Information Network
- Old Fart Expats
- Textile Arts – Resources for the textile arts community
- Textile Fibre Forum – The Australian Forum for Textile Arts
- The Big Idea Te Aria Nui
- The Knitting Guild Association
- Top 50 Knitting Sites
- Twisted Thread
- Visit New Zealand by TravelIndex
- Vogue Knitting
- World arts & artists – An arts portal
- WTA – World Textile Art Organisation