And what did I discover?
Well I discovered that knitting with many needles is tricky when one is used to knitting with circular needles. That is when I knitted a stretch and released a needle albeit briefly I dropped it.
I dropped it every time.
So here I am at a public swimming pool scrabbling about trying to pick up a needle from a concrete floor. I did that at least 4 times before I started putting the needle in my mouth to hold it while I checked what I was doing and reintroduced the needle to the knitting.
Neither the needle on the concrete floor nor the grandmother sitting with a needle protruding from either side of her mouth looking like a demented sabre tooth tiger ready to foam at the mouth and attack any one with a comment to make – neither looked very pretty really. Getting up from the floor with the lost needle was also a challenge.
But I did get into the rhythm of the stitch and the knitting in the round with double pointed needles in the end.
I like the stitch and I even like the stitch created with my variegated yarn, it has great texture.
And this is where I am up to this morning.
And yes I am pleased.
So far so good.
So if you are not a knitter of socks yet, you too can do this.
Sockupied E-book here Six brand-new sock knitting patterns are included in this issue of Sockupied!
Can't find what you are looking for?
add the search words below:
If you do not find what you're looking for please use the email contact form to let us know what you are hoping to find here!
Art, Craft & Fibre Art Connections and other interesting sites
- A Gallery of Artists
- Craft Site Directory – Your Guide to Arts and Crafts on the Internet
- Crafternoon tea with Grannyg
- Creative Knitting Online Magazine
- European Textile Network
- Fiber Gypsy – Gallery of Fiber Artists
- Florence Biennale
- HotHive Textiles – the world of creative textiles
- Interweave Knits Magazine
- Jamie R. Morhaim – Paintings
- Japanese Knitters and Designers website
- Knitter's – The Knitting Universe
- Knitter's Graph Paper
- Lisa's Handspun Designs
- Lucire – The Global Fashion Magazine
- Marian Towns – Artist
- Melanie Ferdon
- Mishi Yarns
- Naughty Knitterz – The Internet Fiber Collaboration
- New Zealand’s Information Network
- Old Fart Expats
- Textile Arts – Resources for the textile arts community
- Textile Fibre Forum – The Australian Forum for Textile Arts
- The Big Idea Te Aria Nui
- The Knitting Guild Association
- Top 50 Knitting Sites
- Twisted Thread
- Visit New Zealand by TravelIndex
- Vogue Knitting
- World arts & artists – An arts portal
- WTA – World Textile Art Organisation