There you are Nicky and Miriam. Thanks to Miriam Tegels who taught me to knit entrelac, and to Nicky Epstein for creating “Knitting in Circles” with a circle knitted in Entrelac.
I wasn’t sure I would get to the centre of this circle and had made an entirely wrong assumption before I started – which was that it was knitted from the centre out, and of course it wasn’t knitted that way at all.
It doesn’t look perfect in the centre – and that may be the finishing or my lack of skill as this is my first ever entrelac piece after my initial 3 hour workshop. I don’t know, and I don’t even mind. It is done, and now I shall have to create something using this piece of circular entrelac.
Of course it does scream beret, but maybe it could become a tea cosy.
I could take out the not so perfect centre and rework it so it could be used for my Best Beloveds tea pot.
Can't find what you are looking for?
add the search words below:
If you do not find what you're looking for please use the email contact form to let us know what you are hoping to find here!
Art, Craft & Fibre Art Connections and other interesting sites
- A Gallery of Artists
- Craft Site Directory – Your Guide to Arts and Crafts on the Internet
- Crafternoon tea with Grannyg
- Creative Knitting Online Magazine
- European Textile Network
- Fiber Gypsy – Gallery of Fiber Artists
- Florence Biennale
- HotHive Textiles – the world of creative textiles
- Interweave Knits Magazine
- Jamie R. Morhaim – Paintings
- Japanese Knitters and Designers website
- Knitter's – The Knitting Universe
- Knitter's Graph Paper
- Lisa's Handspun Designs
- Lucire – The Global Fashion Magazine
- Marian Towns – Artist
- Melanie Ferdon
- Mishi Yarns
- Naughty Knitterz – The Internet Fiber Collaboration
- New Zealand’s Information Network
- Old Fart Expats
- Textile Arts – Resources for the textile arts community
- Textile Fibre Forum – The Australian Forum for Textile Arts
- The Big Idea Te Aria Nui
- The Knitting Guild Association
- Top 50 Knitting Sites
- Twisted Thread
- Visit New Zealand by TravelIndex
- Vogue Knitting
- World arts & artists – An arts portal
- WTA – World Textile Art Organisation