Vertical Asia Crossover Jacket
The jacket is knitted in one piece from left sleeve cuff to right sleeve cuff. The colour sequence creates different colour effects – that is the left sleeve and left front are different to the right sleeve and right front. You can create this jacket using less or more colours and you could also create the jacket with the colour sequence mirrored if you wish.
The yarns used are 12 ply or triple knit weight that knit up at 12st / 19 rows for 10cm. Use this pattern to reduce that stash. In my example I used 6 different colours, mainly mohair but all yarns that knitted up at 12 st / 19 rows for 10cm.
The knitting is finished with a crochet edge – which could be created using any of the colours in the jacket.
My Vertical Asia Jacket was included in an exhibition held in Auckland New Zealand that was attended by a group of knitters from the USA on the New Zealand & Australian Vogue Knitters Tour of 2007.
Here it is – free to download Vertical Asia Jacket free to download now
©2007 ConnieLene Johnston
Can't find what you are looking for?
add the search words below:
If you do not find what you're looking for please use the email contact form to let us know what you are hoping to find here!
Art, Craft & Fibre Art Connections and other interesting sites
- A Gallery of Artists
- Craft Site Directory – Your Guide to Arts and Crafts on the Internet
- Crafternoon tea with Grannyg
- Creative Knitting Online Magazine
- European Textile Network
- Fiber Gypsy – Gallery of Fiber Artists
- Florence Biennale
- HotHive Textiles – the world of creative textiles
- Interweave Knits Magazine
- Jamie R. Morhaim – Paintings
- Japanese Knitters and Designers website
- Knitter's – The Knitting Universe
- Knitter's Graph Paper
- Lisa's Handspun Designs
- Lucire – The Global Fashion Magazine
- Marian Towns – Artist
- Melanie Ferdon
- Mishi Yarns
- Naughty Knitterz – The Internet Fiber Collaboration
- New Zealand’s Information Network
- Old Fart Expats
- Textile Arts – Resources for the textile arts community
- Textile Fibre Forum – The Australian Forum for Textile Arts
- The Big Idea Te Aria Nui
- The Knitting Guild Association
- Top 50 Knitting Sites
- Twisted Thread
- Visit New Zealand by TravelIndex
- Vogue Knitting
- World arts & artists – An arts portal
- WTA – World Textile Art Organisation