I have a real passion for the cloak and cape. They are elegant garments and can be dressy, sexy or plain comfortable. If they are created with a flowing shape they will move well with the wearer and can be created with a yarn or fabric that suits the personal style of the wearer.
Here in winter of 2010 there is still a fashion trend for the cape, and this gallery contains some of the capes and other creative coverings that I have created.
Vogue Knitting Tour Group pictures from the Colour Play exhibition.
Fiber artist and knit designer Connie Lene Johnston gave us a sneak peek of her “Colour Play” collection. The show would officially open in a few days, featuring her work as well as that of students from the Whitecliffe College of Arts & Design.
During the wine-and-cheese reception, Ms. Johnston described each garment’s evolution, texture, construction and how she used color in each one. We were invited to try on the clothes—not your typical art exhibit.
ConnieLene’s unique knit designs alongside the work of BFA Fashion design students from Whitecliffe.
The Vogue Knitting Tour of Australia and New Zealand 2007, hosted by Nicky Epstein and Carla Scott, Vogue Knitting Editor attended the special opening.
Can't find what you are looking for?
add the search words below:
If you do not find what you're looking for please use the email contact form to let us know what you are hoping to find here!
Art, Craft & Fibre Art Connections and other interesting sites
- A Gallery of Artists
- Craft Site Directory – Your Guide to Arts and Crafts on the Internet
- Crafternoon tea with Grannyg
- Creative Knitting Online Magazine
- European Textile Network
- Fiber Gypsy – Gallery of Fiber Artists
- Florence Biennale
- HotHive Textiles – the world of creative textiles
- Interweave Knits Magazine
- Jamie R. Morhaim – Paintings
- Japanese Knitters and Designers website
- Knitter's – The Knitting Universe
- Knitter's Graph Paper
- Lisa's Handspun Designs
- Lucire – The Global Fashion Magazine
- Marian Towns – Artist
- Melanie Ferdon
- Mishi Yarns
- Naughty Knitterz – The Internet Fiber Collaboration
- New Zealand’s Information Network
- Old Fart Expats
- Textile Arts – Resources for the textile arts community
- Textile Fibre Forum – The Australian Forum for Textile Arts
- The Big Idea Te Aria Nui
- The Knitting Guild Association
- Top 50 Knitting Sites
- Twisted Thread
- Visit New Zealand by TravelIndex
- Vogue Knitting
- World arts & artists – An arts portal
- WTA – World Textile Art Organisation