Mormor (mothers mother in Danish) can you knit bird pictures?
moi: yes I could, but I don’t.
moi: I don’t usually knit pictures.
moi : Because I don’t like knitting pictures.
Why? Is it too hard for you?
moi: no, it isn’t too hard. Bird pictures are knitted using the intarsia method. I knit intarsia often. In fact, I love knitting intarsia. I just don’t knit pictures. Okay.
If you knit intarsia and that knits pictures why don’t you knit birds?
moi: Intarsia is the method I use to knit with many colours. I could knit pictures if I wanted to.
Why don’t you then?
moi: because I don’t really like knitting pictures.
now you can see where this is going can’t you?
If you knit intarsia you could knit me a sweater with a bird on the front, couldn’t you?
moi: I could but you would not wear a sweater with a bird on the front, would you? and I don’t really like knitting pictures.
but you could, couldn’t you?
moi: yes I could but you would not wear it.
I would if you knitted me one.
moi thinking: this is a boy aged 8 going on 9 (in June) – would he really wear this sweater more than once? Would I really commit to creating one? I hate sweaters with pictures, I really do.
moi out loud: would you like me to knit you a winter telly watching blanket – that could have a kind of bird on it.
Yes it could, but I would wear a sweater with a bird on the front that you made.
moi thinking: this boy will go a long way
moi out loud: what say we stick to a telly watching blanket with a kind of a bird on it, would that be okay?
Yes it would, but I would wear a sweater with a bird on the front that you made.
moi thinking: oh no you wouldn’t.
Am I wrong? This is a boy who is passionate about birds, plants and animals. It is an honour to think that he would wear a sweater that I create with a bird on it. But he is nearly 9 and loves robots, cars, the planet, swimming, rugby and cricket and plays a mean game of sequence, tries chess, and thinks his mormor is too old to dance, climb hills and ride bikes. But he thinks I am good enough to knit a bird picture on a sweater that he will wear.
What should I do?
Can't find what you are looking for?
add the search words below:
If you do not find what you're looking for please use the email contact form to let us know what you are hoping to find here!
Art, Craft & Fibre Art Connections and other interesting sites
- A Gallery of Artists
- Craft Site Directory – Your Guide to Arts and Crafts on the Internet
- Crafternoon tea with Grannyg
- Creative Knitting Online Magazine
- European Textile Network
- Fiber Gypsy – Gallery of Fiber Artists
- Florence Biennale
- HotHive Textiles – the world of creative textiles
- Interweave Knits Magazine
- Jamie R. Morhaim – Paintings
- Japanese Knitters and Designers website
- Knitter's – The Knitting Universe
- Knitter's Graph Paper
- Lisa's Handspun Designs
- Lucire – The Global Fashion Magazine
- Marian Towns – Artist
- Melanie Ferdon
- Mishi Yarns
- Naughty Knitterz – The Internet Fiber Collaboration
- New Zealand’s Information Network
- Old Fart Expats
- Textile Arts – Resources for the textile arts community
- Textile Fibre Forum – The Australian Forum for Textile Arts
- The Big Idea Te Aria Nui
- The Knitting Guild Association
- Top 50 Knitting Sites
- Twisted Thread
- Visit New Zealand by TravelIndex
- Vogue Knitting
- World arts & artists – An arts portal
- WTA – World Textile Art Organisation