I created a doll’s dress in 2009 and I didn’t even own a doll.
A couple of weeks ago I helped a friend clear out stuff from the home of an elderly lady who had sadly gone into care at the grand age of 89. I came home with preserving jars, jam jars, old knitting patterns and stitchcraft magazines. I also came home with some dolls and one of those dolls fitted the dress I created back in 2009.
So here is the dress on my doll.
She is a little soft bodied doll – so she had to have of all things, a kitchen towel holder to keep her semi upright. I am sure there will be a wee girl who will love the doll and might even love the dress.
The yarn was Steinback Wolle Aktiv Effeck – sport und Strumpfwolle – 4ply. Design and pattern from my head, the intended doll size I cannot remember, but do have it in my notes not unpacked yet.
I think she likes her new dress, and grandson has just named her Candice. I hope she likes that name.
Can't find what you are looking for?
add the search words below:
If you do not find what you're looking for please use the email contact form to let us know what you are hoping to find here!
Art, Craft & Fibre Art Connections and other interesting sites
- A Gallery of Artists
- Craft Site Directory – Your Guide to Arts and Crafts on the Internet
- Crafternoon tea with Grannyg
- Creative Knitting Online Magazine
- European Textile Network
- Fiber Gypsy – Gallery of Fiber Artists
- Florence Biennale
- HotHive Textiles – the world of creative textiles
- Interweave Knits Magazine
- Jamie R. Morhaim – Paintings
- Japanese Knitters and Designers website
- Knitter's – The Knitting Universe
- Knitter's Graph Paper
- Lisa's Handspun Designs
- Lucire – The Global Fashion Magazine
- Marian Towns – Artist
- Melanie Ferdon
- Mishi Yarns
- Naughty Knitterz – The Internet Fiber Collaboration
- New Zealand’s Information Network
- Old Fart Expats
- Textile Arts – Resources for the textile arts community
- Textile Fibre Forum – The Australian Forum for Textile Arts
- The Big Idea Te Aria Nui
- The Knitting Guild Association
- Top 50 Knitting Sites
- Twisted Thread
- Visit New Zealand by TravelIndex
- Vogue Knitting
- World arts & artists – An arts portal
- WTA – World Textile Art Organisation