Some of my sock yarns – none looked to have a sufficient quantity to use for my Hominy Socks.
I finally found 2 x 50 gram balls – well nearly 2. One ball is intact and the other has a smidgeon less. I may have to add another yarn to these socks but I will do that at the toes so that I am not making striped socks for all to see. I don’t think I could match the yarn now as I bought it whilst in the Netherlands more than 5 years ago.
My Hominy socks will be created using Regia Design Line – colour 4252.
The label states that the yarn is dimensionally stable, hard-wearing, Machine washable up to 40 degree, and will not felt and can be dried in a drier and it carries a 10 year guarantee which sounds great But I just hope my socks will fit my feet well and I also hope that the Hominy pattern will not be too lost in the self patterning yarn. The most important thing for me in this exercise is that I conquer my fear of knitting socks.
And I will, I will, I will.
It is a shame that I do not have the yarn in the pattern – I love the colour (Pumpkin Spice) and it shows off the stitch design well. I have found Fable Fibers – the yarn creator on Facebook at Fable Fibers
Can't find what you are looking for?
add the search words below:
If you do not find what you're looking for please use the email contact form to let us know what you are hoping to find here!
Art, Craft & Fibre Art Connections and other interesting sites
- A Gallery of Artists
- Craft Site Directory – Your Guide to Arts and Crafts on the Internet
- Crafternoon tea with Grannyg
- Creative Knitting Online Magazine
- European Textile Network
- Fiber Gypsy – Gallery of Fiber Artists
- Florence Biennale
- HotHive Textiles – the world of creative textiles
- Interweave Knits Magazine
- Jamie R. Morhaim – Paintings
- Japanese Knitters and Designers website
- Knitter's – The Knitting Universe
- Knitter's Graph Paper
- Lisa's Handspun Designs
- Lucire – The Global Fashion Magazine
- Marian Towns – Artist
- Melanie Ferdon
- Mishi Yarns
- Naughty Knitterz – The Internet Fiber Collaboration
- New Zealand’s Information Network
- Old Fart Expats
- Textile Arts – Resources for the textile arts community
- Textile Fibre Forum – The Australian Forum for Textile Arts
- The Big Idea Te Aria Nui
- The Knitting Guild Association
- Top 50 Knitting Sites
- Twisted Thread
- Visit New Zealand by TravelIndex
- Vogue Knitting
- World arts & artists – An arts portal
- WTA – World Textile Art Organisation