I needed to knit a hat or a slouchy hat or a beret and I did create that there hat and I also played with the stripes a bit. It can be difficult for me to hold onto stripes in the formal sense – you know – 2 rows col 1, 3 rows col 2, and so on.
I had 4 colours, three different shades of Purple and a lovely soft grey. I don’t know if it is a slouchy hat, or a beret – perhaps it is both.
Now back to another beret or slouchy hat, or neck piece, or ??
Living through two cold winters in the Netherlands has made me knit more hats than I could ever ever need back in New Zealand, along with an excess of scarves. I have given away most of the scarves, to colleagues and friends, as well as to De Schalm. The hats have been fun to play with, and to help me to write up my simple Intarsia information for my 3 different berets pattern Which is available on Etsy now.
Can't find what you are looking for?
add the search words below:
If you do not find what you're looking for please use the email contact form to let us know what you are hoping to find here!
Art, Craft & Fibre Art Connections and other interesting sites
- A Gallery of Artists
- Craft Site Directory – Your Guide to Arts and Crafts on the Internet
- Crafternoon tea with Grannyg
- Creative Knitting Online Magazine
- European Textile Network
- Fiber Gypsy – Gallery of Fiber Artists
- Florence Biennale
- HotHive Textiles – the world of creative textiles
- Interweave Knits Magazine
- Jamie R. Morhaim – Paintings
- Japanese Knitters and Designers website
- Knitter's – The Knitting Universe
- Knitter's Graph Paper
- Lisa's Handspun Designs
- Lucire – The Global Fashion Magazine
- Marian Towns – Artist
- Melanie Ferdon
- Mishi Yarns
- Naughty Knitterz – The Internet Fiber Collaboration
- New Zealand’s Information Network
- Old Fart Expats
- Textile Arts – Resources for the textile arts community
- Textile Fibre Forum – The Australian Forum for Textile Arts
- The Big Idea Te Aria Nui
- The Knitting Guild Association
- Top 50 Knitting Sites
- Twisted Thread
- Visit New Zealand by TravelIndex
- Vogue Knitting
- World arts & artists – An arts portal
- WTA – World Textile Art Organisation