I was so lucky yesterday to find Touch Yarns at Fieldays at the Mystery Creek Events Centre.
What will I create with the yarns I purchased yesterday? Who knows.
If I am creating for a specific pattern, or exhibition or competition which does tend to focus one somewhat then I would know which yarns or colours etc. But if I am wanting to create something outside of such parameters then I do let the yarn tell me what I should create. I have used Touch Yarns many times since I discovered them whilst in Dunedin to run Library training at one of our Dynix libraries quite a few years ago now. It may have have Dunedin Public, Otago University or the Teachers Training College. That detail has long gone, but the wool shop and Touch Yarns were a wonderful discovery.
These are some of the garments I have created which included Touch yarns.
Can't find what you are looking for?
add the search words below:
If you do not find what you're looking for please use the email contact form to let us know what you are hoping to find here!
Art, Craft & Fibre Art Connections and other interesting sites
- A Gallery of Artists
- Craft Site Directory – Your Guide to Arts and Crafts on the Internet
- Crafternoon tea with Grannyg
- Creative Knitting Online Magazine
- European Textile Network
- Fiber Gypsy – Gallery of Fiber Artists
- Florence Biennale
- HotHive Textiles – the world of creative textiles
- Interweave Knits Magazine
- Jamie R. Morhaim – Paintings
- Japanese Knitters and Designers website
- Knitter's – The Knitting Universe
- Knitter's Graph Paper
- Lisa's Handspun Designs
- Lucire – The Global Fashion Magazine
- Marian Towns – Artist
- Melanie Ferdon
- Mishi Yarns
- Naughty Knitterz – The Internet Fiber Collaboration
- New Zealand’s Information Network
- Old Fart Expats
- Textile Arts – Resources for the textile arts community
- Textile Fibre Forum – The Australian Forum for Textile Arts
- The Big Idea Te Aria Nui
- The Knitting Guild Association
- Top 50 Knitting Sites
- Twisted Thread
- Visit New Zealand by TravelIndex
- Vogue Knitting
- World arts & artists – An arts portal
- WTA – World Textile Art Organisation