Tag: Cafe Pitcher
The ball warmer went on a journey on 30th April 2011. Sadly there were no longer any balls available to cover – so we had to improvise and found a huge polystyrene ball and covered that. We took the ball on a walk around some of our favourite Haarlem haunts and then installed it in the Grote Markt on a shiny steel post.
Yes I know the posts are convenient but they are so ugly. The round concrete balls were beautiful.
Oh dear, I forgot to mention – installation date was Queens Day, 30th April 2011.
There were many characters in orange everywhere. A huge celebration of the House of Orange which occurs every year on 30th April. If in the Netherlands around that time stay and enjoy an orange wonderland and participate in the largest public market anywhere in the world.
Haarlem Ball Warmer Memorial tour & install – Queen’s Day, 30th April 2011
We took our snowball with its orange hat to view some of the lovely cafes and bars that we visit for jazz, blues, rock and wine and good company prior to installing on one of the shiny posts that now stand like the row of teeth on a comb in the Grote Markt of Haarlem.
Can't find what you are looking for?
add the search words below:
If you do not find what you're looking for please use the email contact form to let us know what you are hoping to find here!
Art, Craft & Fibre Art Connections and other interesting sites
- A Gallery of Artists
- Craft Site Directory – Your Guide to Arts and Crafts on the Internet
- Crafternoon tea with Grannyg
- Creative Knitting Online Magazine
- European Textile Network
- Fiber Gypsy – Gallery of Fiber Artists
- Florence Biennale
- HotHive Textiles – the world of creative textiles
- Interweave Knits Magazine
- Jamie R. Morhaim – Paintings
- Japanese Knitters and Designers website
- Knitter's – The Knitting Universe
- Knitter's Graph Paper
- Lisa's Handspun Designs
- Lucire – The Global Fashion Magazine
- Marian Towns – Artist
- Melanie Ferdon
- Mishi Yarns
- Naughty Knitterz – The Internet Fiber Collaboration
- New Zealand’s Information Network
- Old Fart Expats
- Textile Arts – Resources for the textile arts community
- Textile Fibre Forum – The Australian Forum for Textile Arts
- The Big Idea Te Aria Nui
- The Knitting Guild Association
- Top 50 Knitting Sites
- Twisted Thread
- Visit New Zealand by TravelIndex
- Vogue Knitting
- World arts & artists – An arts portal
- WTA – World Textile Art Organisation