Tag: NZ Yarn
We have enjoyed the snow, the stillness, the light, the food, the family, the fun and joy of being together, and skyping Melissa, Tomas and Laurence in New Zealand, and I finished some of my knitting projects in time believe it or not.
While our family were driving from Switzerland to us in Haarlem in the Netherlands on Christmas Eve day – I finished the two hats for the boys – one purple, and one orange. I also went over the huge rug, bed cover, to be snuggled under mohair and faux fur piece to make certain all those ends were gone. And I found some ends of course.
I didn’t start the red socks – so those are IOU’s for JJ and for Morgan.
I did complete a cream cowl for Angelica the day before. It was knitted in 2 strands of Naturally Mist 1 ply Super fine Kid Mohair from New Zealand. It does look fantastic. It was knitted in the round from the neck down with 3 rows purl, 3 rows Knit – and increasing both the stitches and the numbers of rows of purl and knit. The cardigan will have to wait for another time. Angelica is from Chile and has extraordinary skin colour and the cream cowl looks great on her. I think this one might just make it into the patterns to come category as it looks really good.
I didn’t finish the capes and scarves so they are still in my unfinished object pile.
Because of the timing of completion of the hats and cowl I don’t have good photos – just snaps taken at present opening time. They have promised to send good photographs.
JJ is at work, the house is empty, and now I can just knit again – but somehow watching the birds eating the food we have placed outside in the tree I can see from my windows and the snowy scene around it keeps drawing me to it.
Can't find what you are looking for?
add the search words below:
If you do not find what you're looking for please use the email contact form to let us know what you are hoping to find here!
Art, Craft & Fibre Art Connections and other interesting sites
- A Gallery of Artists
- Craft Site Directory – Your Guide to Arts and Crafts on the Internet
- Crafternoon tea with Grannyg
- Creative Knitting Online Magazine
- European Textile Network
- Fiber Gypsy – Gallery of Fiber Artists
- Florence Biennale
- HotHive Textiles – the world of creative textiles
- Interweave Knits Magazine
- Jamie R. Morhaim – Paintings
- Japanese Knitters and Designers website
- Knitter's – The Knitting Universe
- Knitter's Graph Paper
- Lisa's Handspun Designs
- Lucire – The Global Fashion Magazine
- Marian Towns – Artist
- Melanie Ferdon
- Mishi Yarns
- Naughty Knitterz – The Internet Fiber Collaboration
- New Zealand’s Information Network
- Old Fart Expats
- Textile Arts – Resources for the textile arts community
- Textile Fibre Forum – The Australian Forum for Textile Arts
- The Big Idea Te Aria Nui
- The Knitting Guild Association
- Top 50 Knitting Sites
- Twisted Thread
- Visit New Zealand by TravelIndex
- Vogue Knitting
- World arts & artists – An arts portal
- WTA – World Textile Art Organisation