Tag: slip stitches
for putting out a request for test knitters and for taking me on board to do just that.
It has been many months since I picked up my knitting needles and there are reasons for not doing so. So many that I thought a wee list could be useful to me to remind me to get my hat on and get knitting.
and as I said it has been summer.
The Kloss Cowl test knit was a nice easy piece to knit and the pattern has an easy rhythm to it so once the first 12 rows after the rib were completed it flowed on easily with the marker being a reminder for colour changes.
Here is the link to the Kloss Cowl pattern by Angelia Robinson in her Ravelry store. It is a perfect pattern to be very creative with stash yarns, and it is an easy fun knit.
This cowl below is my test knit. I haven’t blocked it as I do like the texture and motion of it unblocked. But that is just my taste.
I have not used slip stitches in my own colour work knitting at all so I was just a bit curious about how it would work and I do like it. So just maybe I will incorporate slip stitches in my own work. You will just have to wait and see.
Can't find what you are looking for?
add the search words below:
If you do not find what you're looking for please use the email contact form to let us know what you are hoping to find here!
Art, Craft & Fibre Art Connections and other interesting sites
- A Gallery of Artists
- Craft Site Directory – Your Guide to Arts and Crafts on the Internet
- Crafternoon tea with Grannyg
- Creative Knitting Online Magazine
- European Textile Network
- Fiber Gypsy – Gallery of Fiber Artists
- Florence Biennale
- HotHive Textiles – the world of creative textiles
- Interweave Knits Magazine
- Jamie R. Morhaim – Paintings
- Japanese Knitters and Designers website
- Knitter's – The Knitting Universe
- Knitter's Graph Paper
- Lisa's Handspun Designs
- Lucire – The Global Fashion Magazine
- Marian Towns – Artist
- Melanie Ferdon
- Mishi Yarns
- Naughty Knitterz – The Internet Fiber Collaboration
- New Zealand’s Information Network
- Old Fart Expats
- Textile Arts – Resources for the textile arts community
- Textile Fibre Forum – The Australian Forum for Textile Arts
- The Big Idea Te Aria Nui
- The Knitting Guild Association
- Top 50 Knitting Sites
- Twisted Thread
- Visit New Zealand by TravelIndex
- Vogue Knitting
- World arts & artists – An arts portal
- WTA – World Textile Art Organisation