I know I have forms to fill, stuff to plan etc. because we are relocating to New Zealand soon. But some mornings just require something else.
This morning I found a lovely summery yarn in my stash. Linie 238 Bagno. It is a 55% cotton and 45% Rayon variegated yarn with thick and thin sections in gorgeous colours evocative of the summer we are now longing for. link to Online-yarns.de product information
So while that Best Beloved worked on his forms for a new passport and those details needed for the relocation company I knitted a little moebius scarflette – using the lovely Cat Bordhi’s magic cast on and then did increases using the hyperbolic plane method. After the first row I knitted 5 rows with an increase every five stitches and ended up with a little something to wear around the neck – not too big, not too small, just right to add some colour over something light and summery.
It was a pleasure to knit, ever so easy. Knit 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and increase; knit 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and increase till I was back at my stitch marker and cast off. Almost knitting a haiku. Needle size was 6.5mm.
Now I have to get back to that “To-do List” for our journeys ahead.
Bring on that summer, you hear!
Can't find what you are looking for?
add the search words below:
If you do not find what you're looking for please use the email contact form to let us know what you are hoping to find here!
Art, Craft & Fibre Art Connections and other interesting sites
- A Gallery of Artists
- Craft Site Directory – Your Guide to Arts and Crafts on the Internet
- Crafternoon tea with Grannyg
- Creative Knitting Online Magazine
- European Textile Network
- Fiber Gypsy – Gallery of Fiber Artists
- Florence Biennale
- HotHive Textiles – the world of creative textiles
- Interweave Knits Magazine
- Jamie R. Morhaim – Paintings
- Japanese Knitters and Designers website
- Knitter's – The Knitting Universe
- Knitter's Graph Paper
- Lisa's Handspun Designs
- Lucire – The Global Fashion Magazine
- Marian Towns – Artist
- Melanie Ferdon
- Mishi Yarns
- Naughty Knitterz – The Internet Fiber Collaboration
- New Zealand’s Information Network
- Old Fart Expats
- Textile Arts – Resources for the textile arts community
- Textile Fibre Forum – The Australian Forum for Textile Arts
- The Big Idea Te Aria Nui
- The Knitting Guild Association
- Top 50 Knitting Sites
- Twisted Thread
- Visit New Zealand by TravelIndex
- Vogue Knitting
- World arts & artists – An arts portal
- WTA – World Textile Art Organisation