Dear dear Meredith, you did spark an old memory, one nearly lost in the mists of time when you sent the modern intarsia crochet photo to me on facebook.
And what did it remind me of? Well my very simple freeform intarsia waistcoats that were created in the very late 60′s and early 70′s. I also crocheted a freeform full length dressing gown for my wee boy. The dressing gown was so big I had to fold up about 4 inches as a hem and let it down as he grew as well as extending the arms. If I find a photo I shall post it here.
The waistcoats were mostly created with natural yarns and as I never had sufficient yarn of any colours to complete a piece in one colour or even in balanced stripes I did my own freeform intarsia. Of course I had no idea what intarsia was back then. I simply created with many yarns in a free form way.
The photos from that time were pretty awful, but then they were from a wee camera from the late 60′s early 70′s.
I will add more photos as I find them. I know I do have one of the dressing gown as well.
Can't find what you are looking for?
add the search words below:
If you do not find what you're looking for please use the email contact form to let us know what you are hoping to find here!
Art, Craft & Fibre Art Connections and other interesting sites
- A Gallery of Artists
- Craft Site Directory – Your Guide to Arts and Crafts on the Internet
- Crafternoon tea with Grannyg
- Creative Knitting Online Magazine
- European Textile Network
- Fiber Gypsy – Gallery of Fiber Artists
- Florence Biennale
- HotHive Textiles – the world of creative textiles
- Interweave Knits Magazine
- Jamie R. Morhaim – Paintings
- Japanese Knitters and Designers website
- Knitter's – The Knitting Universe
- Knitter's Graph Paper
- Lisa's Handspun Designs
- Lucire – The Global Fashion Magazine
- Marian Towns – Artist
- Melanie Ferdon
- Mishi Yarns
- Naughty Knitterz – The Internet Fiber Collaboration
- New Zealand’s Information Network
- Old Fart Expats
- Textile Arts – Resources for the textile arts community
- Textile Fibre Forum – The Australian Forum for Textile Arts
- The Big Idea Te Aria Nui
- The Knitting Guild Association
- Top 50 Knitting Sites
- Twisted Thread
- Visit New Zealand by TravelIndex
- Vogue Knitting
- World arts & artists – An arts portal
- WTA – World Textile Art Organisation